Great Resources for Parkinson’s Care and Support
According to the Parkinson’s Foundation, nearly 90,000 people are living with Parkinson’s disease in the U.S., and the number is expected to rise to 1.2 million by 2030. It is by far the fastest-growing neurodegenerative disease in the world.
Knowing how prevalent the disease is, we’ve created a list of resources to help educate, spread awareness, and support those with Parkinson’s. Find out how you can start making a difference today below!
- Virtual Education Programs: From wherever you are, tune into these educational programs. Hear from experts on topics like mindfulness, fitness, and more. A new program is added every weekday.
- Moving Day: Show your support by registering for Moving Day. Then, join the virtual walk that takes place every May.
- PD Conversations: This online support group shares questions, answers, and advice related to Parkinson’s.
- Aware in Care Kit: If you or a loved one needs a hospital stay, Aware in Care is a free kit to help you get the best care possible.
- Substantial Matters Podcast: Learn about all things related to Parkinson’s from experts on this podcast. There’s a new episode every other Tuesday.
- Share Your Story: My PD Stories describe what it’s like to live with a Parkinson’s diagnosis. You can submit your own story or read the powerful experiences of others.
- Parkinson’s Helpline: This helpline is staffed by nurses, therapists, and social workers. Call 1-800-4PD-INFO from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday. Email email@example.com any time.
- Spread Awareness: April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month. Learn more at parkinson.org/awareness.
Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network
The Struthers Parkinson’s Care Center is a non-profit organization that provides specialized care to individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. The center offers comprehensive services, including medical management, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and social services to improve the lives of those affected by Parkinson’s disease.
The Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network is a nationwide collaborative network of healthcare providers who work together to provide high-quality care to those with Parkinson’s disease. Being part of this network means that patients have access to a team of experts in Parkinson’s disease management and can receive coordinated care regardless of where they live.
Parkinson’s Care at Walker Methodist
All of us at Walker Methodist share a common goal of enhancing the lives of those with Parkinson’s and their loved ones. One of the primary ways we do this is through education and empowerment. Through our partnership with Struthers, our staff continually receives ongoing support and training on the latest advances in Parkinson’s care treatment.
Not only are care staff members better prepared to assist those with Parkinson’s, but they can also provide education, resources, and support to the individuals and their families. If you or a loved one is seeking assistance, care, or additional resources for Parkinson’s, please feel free to reach out. We are always available to help you in your journey.
This article is sponsored by Accushield. In this interview, Senior Housing News sits down with Jayne Sallerson, President &…